EASA Licence Conversions

Converting to an EASA Licence

Converting a foreign licence is a fairly simple process provided that licence is issued in accordance with ICAO guidelines at the PPL(H) level. It is slightly more onerous but by no means impossible at CPL(H) level.

ICAO Licences include those issued by the Federal Aviation Administration [FAA], Civil Aviation Safety Authority [CASA], Civil Aviation Authority New Zealand [CAANZ] and Transport Canada [TC].


The PPL(H) requires Air Law and HP&L theory passes, and training as required at discretion of the ATO (Approved Training Organisation).

It is of course possible to fly on an ICAO licence in the UK. However, if that licence does not include RT privileges, a UK Flight Radiotelephony Licence will be required to use the Radio Equipment on board. Heliflight's experienced instructors are fully conversant with current practices and procedures and we have our own in-house Radiotelephony Examiner.


All the written exams at CPL or ATPL level are required, along with training as required at the discretion of the Head of Training, subject to meeting minimum hours requirements.

Contact us for more details.

SE49, Gloucestershire Airport, Staverton, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL51 6SR.