EASA Licence Conversions

Converting to an EASA Licence

Converting a foreign licence is a fairly simple process provided that licence is issued in accordance with ICAO guidelines at the PPL(H) level and slightly more onerous but by no means impossible at CPL(H) level.

ICAO Licences include those issued by the Federal Aviation Administration [FAA], Civil Aviation Safety Authority [CASA], Civil Aviation Authority New Zealand [CAANZ] and Transport Canada [TC].


The PPL(H) requires Air Law and HP&L theory passes, and training as required at discretion of the ATO (Approved Training Organisation).

It is of course possible to fly on an ICAO licence in the UK, if that licence does not include RT privileges then a UK Flight Radio Telephony Licence will be required if you want to use the Radio Equipment on board.


All the written exams at CPL or ATPL level are required, along with training as required at the discretion of the Head of Training, subject to meeting minimum hours requirements.

Contact us for more details.

SE49, Gloucestershire Airport, Staverton, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL51 6SR.